Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thoughts on Schmoodle's Nursery

I've received a number of questions about the theme and colors for the nursery, so I thought I would share my most recent thoughts on the matter.

Style: We are gravitating towards a kind of mod, mid-century feel for the nursery - clean lines, shilouettes, and primary colors.

Colors: The walls in the nursery will be the same green as our bedroom walls. It's a cheery green color that reminds of fresh spring growth. The furniture we settled on is a dark Espresso brown color.

Bedding: The bedding color has the same green and brown as the walls and furniture, but also orange, grey, teal, and light blue. It's a transportation theme, which I think is a fitting tribute to one of daddy's passions.

Wall Decor: Stacey directed us to the coolest website for wall stencils: http://www.whatisblik.com/. We loved them, and I think the trees by Bodalee will look cool in the Schmoodle's room.

That's the scoop. Let me know what you think. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think Schmoodles's parents are super hip and mod. :)

    ReplyDelete